Thursday 21 February 2013

Review | Nip + (not so)Fab CC Cream

So some of you may have seen in last haul here that I ordered and received the new Nip+Fab CC Cream, and if you haven't already guessed by the title it isn't a very positive review.



For those of you who might not know what a CC Cream is, it stands for Colour Correction  Cream. It is a similar concept to BB creams in that they protect from the sun, give coverage and and have a skin care benefit to them. 
So when I received this I was so psyched to try it out I couldn't wait, I was swatching it all day to make sure it would match and it wasn't too bad. The reason I chose this CC (colour correction) cream is because it ''provides 24 hour moisturisation'' and ''helps to tone + smooth the appearance of skin'' and ''hydrates'' which is what is stated on the tube.
Now when I tried it I actually found the product quite drying and actually clung onto dry patches on my skin leaving me looking quite cakey, also I found that as I was trying to blend with my fingers the product started to peel and flake off, however I did buff in just a tough of Mac Face & Body over the top which did seem to help wet the product and also help to blend more. The product does have good covereage in the area it wasn't peeling off of. It is very thick a similar consistency to my Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream, ( but that is nothing like this product ).



I ordered the colour Light, as they only had either Light or Dark, but the colour is good as you can see in the picture its not orange at all when on the face and did match my skin tone when I did start to blend in. I have quite dry skin so I wouldn't recommend this product for dry prone skin at all, as it doesn't hydrate my skin at all I can feel it on the skin and it does feel dry it really isn't pleasant. Maybe I am using this product wrong, if you have tried this product and have dry prone skin and it works for you, let me know in the comments how you find it and how you use it.


Ok, as for a smoothing appearance of the skin, yes in some areas of the skin but as I stated already it sticks to dry ares of the skin, and actually stuck to a dry patch on my cheek which I have never noticed with any product before and never really felt either, odd. 
I do want to keep using this product in a way just because it cause me around £17.00 ordered online, and I've used it 3 times and am disappointed so far but maybe I will try using a brush next time or sponge. I shall keep you updated if I find a way.

If you have tried any other CC Creams let me know because I'd love to try some more. 
xx

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4845939/?claim=b5w2pqtvp7k">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment