Sunday 20 October 2013

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer





Hey everyone,
Recently I have been trying out the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (travel size 12ml) £12.50. I tried a sample of this before but it juist didn't work for me, but now I think about it, it may have had something to do with some other products I used(?), anyway I thought I would give it another chance as a friend of my uses it and really likes it.

The primer is a clear, transparent gel with a silky consistancy. It smooths out this skin nicely making my foundation glide over my skin and last a good amount of time wth out budging. I have found myself reaching for this if I'm going to work in the bar or going out in the evening as my make-up just doesn't budge so I have no need to take any touch up bits out with me. When I use this over the top of any blemishes I have I feel like the primer just smooths them down, obviously they are still raised, but they don't feel so raised when I am smoothing the primer onto my skin.
Another thing about the photo finish primer is that a little bit does go a long way. I use a pea size amount (as shown in the photo) to cover my entire face and it doesn't feel tacky or sticky on the skin like some primers can. This is 60% water so I find it works amazing with the Mac face and body foundation as they are both water bases products, it does work well with other foundations of course, but for me they just work amazing together on my skin. If you have quite oily or acne prone skin then this primer will be worth a try as it is oil free, the finish is very velvety-smooth to touch and slightly matte looking. Smashbox say that this primer is perfect for4 reducing fine lines and wrinkles, but as I'm only 19 I don't have wrinkles, so I cannot comment on that part. I love how lightweight the photo finish primer is, as it doesn't sit on top of the skin or weigh the skin down either. You can wear this primer alone (to smooth those wrinkles and fine lines) and/or under your foundation of choice. The packaging of this product is just a plain, transparent tube, as I said I have the travel size so its very cute and diddy, plus its easy to carry around if you are or do travel alot.

I would really recommend picking up with primer, which you can get from Boots £25 for the full size, if you're in the UK. It just makes my make-up look lovely, and feels very velvety on the skin, and as I mentioned it completely smooths out the skin leaving my imperfections feeling perfected.

xx


follow me on Twitter @gemmmaaa15 | follow me on Instagram gemmaaroberts | also you can subscribe and follow me on BlogLovin' too.

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about picking this up but change my mind every time. But I do suffer with an oily face and have trouble finding a primer that will match my face, think I'll pick this up next time and give it a go! :)
    P.s I love the background of the picture, is that from Wilkinsons? I got the storage box with the same pattern on. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting this for so long because it's so popular.
    Definitely think it's my kind of product now, great review x
    Joannaloves

    ReplyDelete