Thursday 31 January 2013

Monthly Favourites | January



So after christmas I found that I had quite a few new products to try out this month, and I thought it would be a good way to wave goodbye to the first month of 2013 with my first monthly favourites post. Yes, there is a lot of things so I will try not to talk too much about them. So lets get started.



Ive decided to start with Skincare and I've really been liking the Simple Kind to Skin Vital Vitamin Foaming Cleanser (thats abit of a mouthful) I like to use this everyday in the bath applying all over the face and i like to lay a music cloth over my face after, I'm not really sure why but its relaxing, only for a minute or two and then continue on to remove my makeup. This cleanser really does make my sking amazingly soft after using it and my face feels cleansed and refreshed.
Secondly is the Neutrogena deep Clean Invigorating Daily Scrub and I use this also daily after I have cleansed (with Simple foaming cleanser) and this also helps to clean off any tough bits of make up that don't want to budge. It leaves my skin feeling really fresh and very deep cleaned. I have tried other scrubs, of course, but I always seem to re-purchase this one. Also about this product is the smell, I can't describe the smell it's almost a minty smell. Very strong! But it when I use this in the mornings it 'cools' my senses so I feel unblocked and more awake.
I have also this month been trying out the Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean 4-IN-1 Wash off Deep Cleansing Milk which is absolutely gorgeous. I use this again in the mornings daily just to keep my skin clean before applying make-up. The smell is so fresh which is nice for morning times. Especially as I am an early bird. I really love the fact that it is a pump dispenser which can be locked into place. So it's easy for traveling and if you clumsy like myself when you some how manage to knock it over it wont go anywhere. All three of the products just mentions also leave my skin feeling really soft and looking healthy which is always nice. 
Lastly for skincare is the second Simple product which is the Simple Kind to Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser. This moisturiser goes hand in hand with the Vital Vitamin Foaming Cleanser mentioned earlier. A little goes along way with this product especially as it is quite rich. I find that if I apply too much of this product its quite heavy and I also have a lot left over, which I have no where to put. However after I use this product morning and night my skin always feel refreshed and it never feel de-hydrated during the day.


A few make-up bits for you now, and first up is the Dior Nude BB Creme. I wont talk too much about this product as I will have a review up on it soon. But my boyfriend and I both like this product. My boyfriend doesn't wear this by the way ha ha. But we like the light coverage of this product and I really also love the packaging. The most elegant looking product I think I own!
Next up is Mac Lipstick in 'Rebel' I love the creamy texture of this lipstick and also the finish. I get many compliments when I wear this colour lipstick, although I have 2 similar colours I seem to get more from this one then the others. I think that the colour goes well against my skin tone. When apply to the lips the colour is lighter than the it looks on the bullet which feels nice on the mouth. 
Another Mac product, the Mac Fluidline in 'Microviolet' like the Mac lipstick I really like the creamy texture to this product particularly when I dab my brush into the product its very silky. I love the packaging of this product with the glass pot and matte black lid, its 'pretty'. Also again like the lipstick when apply to the skin its a little lighter than when in the container but it isn't a bad thing at all with perhaps a second layer of this liner over the top it will be darker but I prefer it more mid-tone purple. 
Finally for cosmetics is the Sleek Face Contour Kit in 'Light' Now I've had this product a while and was never too keen on it, I think maybe I used it too heavy to the face. But now it looks beautiful and is the perfect shading colour as it is matte. Its a good price too and has lasted a long time as I only use a small amount and build up as, like most sleep products, the colour is highly pigmented so too much on the first go isn't going to look pretty. And it means re-doing the make-up. I don't ted to use the highlighter part of this kit as it doesn't really do it for me. 


Left- Right: Mac-Rebel, Mac-Microviolet, Dior BB Creme and Sleep Contour Kit-Light.

My 2 favourite nail polishes of January 2013 is the new BarryM Gelly High-Shine Nail Paint I only have those two colours (Left Watermelon, Right Pomegranate) to add to my BarryM collection so far, but I will get them all. I love the beautiful range of colours in this collection. Also I love the glossy finish of the polish as there is no need for a top coat on top. I think that the lid of the polish is really pretty it goes really well with the glass. 
Calvin Klein Euphoria Gift Set  After having a sample of this perfume before christmas my boyfriend decided to buy me the gift set. I adore the packaging of both products the bottle and the body lotion. Very sophisticated along with the smell. I love love love the smell and having to body lotion I get to smell like 'Euphoria' all day long. Bonus. I'm no good when it comes to describing smells but when I wear this fragrance I instantly feel a little sexy and sophisticated. 
The lotion is very creamy and light-weight and comes with a pump dispenser which is handing cause I always drop it. I apply this after the bath and I don't find it overpowering at all as of course a lotion and a spray of quite a strong fragrance together can be too much. But it doesn't sit on the skin it sinks straight in and leaves my skin feeling really smooth.
Lastly for this months favourites is 3 hair Products. The Toni&Guy Cleanse and Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner for Dry Hair I use these about twice a week as leaves my hair soft for long enough especially after using the oil I will talk about shortly. I like the stylish packaging of the bottles as they are quite small and they look nice on the shelf. 
Also in the picture is the Lee Stafford Argan Oil which smells fabulous and leaves my long locks feeling soft all day. A little goes a long way with this product especially as my hair is very thick and long, I can manage to half pumps to cover my entire head. Amazing.



So Thankyou guys for reading I hope it wasn't too much for you. Speak to you next month. xx

1 comment:

  1. Hello, i have nominated you for a Liebster Award! Go to this link to see my blog post and view the rules :)

    http://coveredbygracee.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/liebster-award_14.html?showComment=1360965229566

    grace xx

    ReplyDelete